Re: art kits

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 07:10:27 PDT

I just have the secretary remind them when she does
the am announcements. I play it up with the teachers,
as well as send a note with "Mrs. Mason's Favorites"
in which I choose 3-4 items I think are really
worthwhile or ones I'm ordering for myself. I always
put the drawing books on there, and this time I
ordered how to crochet for myself.
teri
--- Rdunkelart@aol.com wrote:
I am in the process of trying them now. Passed them
out about 1 1/2 weeks ago
and have 6 returned. Kids seem excited. think I
will send out a reminder letter
in about a week and make the deadline for the first
of November. I called the company and asked if we
could send them in in batches of 10 and they said ok
but would prefer that all orders come in at the same
time. I would too but since this is my first time to
do any thing like this I don;t know how to predict
what parents will do. Looks like a good deal for the
students but not real pleased with the dividends for
the teacher. I would like to see some more offered to
turn in our points for.
I asked about a digital camera but that would
probably require 400 or more
points if they could offer it and with only 1 point
given per $10.00 that would take forever with only
330 student orders possible. Have wondered about
offering this to the middle school too.
Good luck - would be interested in an update on
your experiences. Roberta