Re: Penn & Teller "Behind the Scenes"

---------

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 04:45:14 PDT

Laurel,

I love the series, especially COLOR, DEPTH, and LINE. I'd never heard of
Penn & Teller before, but the 5-8 students seem to recognize them and they
enjoy their antics. They look weird and have a strange sense of humor, but
in my opinion they're not inappropriate at all. The concepts and vocabulary
content is excellent, and the students enjoy watching them.

I've done a LES FAUVES landscapes painting lesson using the COLOR video as
an inspirational method for selecting unnatural color. Before doing linear
perspective, my 6th graders viewed the DEPTH video, then drew a room from
three different points of view on one page. They're super for sub-plans
when you can't get a real art sub. Just schedule'em for a Behind the Scenes
video which uses concepts and vocabulary that to relates to the current
lesson.

Where are you, Laurel?
Mark