china markers........

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 20:06:15 PDT

--MS_Mac_OE_3054053175_131043_MIME_Part

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
*

From: "Ann Carolan" <acarolan@inland.k12.mi.us>
What is a china marker?
*

I can answer that one right away because just yesterday I went to Amsterdam
Art to buy some after a listserv's member tipped us off. It's an oily type
of pencil with a thread which you can pull to expose more oily lead when you
need it. It's black and works well on many unusual surfaces...including an
overhead sheet. I tried it today when I was discussing shading and it worked
well for me. Thanks...whoever gave us the tip.

I used to have some pencils which were excellent on an overhead but I
haven't seen them in years so I guess they don't make them anymore. The
china markers are the next best thing. Toodles....

--MS_Mac_OE_3054053175_131043_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>china markers........</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<BR>
from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us)<BR>
Los Cerros Middle School<BR>
968 Blemer Road<BR>
Danville, CA 94526<BR>
http://ww2.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/faculty/faculty.html <BR>
************************<BR>
<BR>
From: &quot;Ann Carolan&quot; &lt;acarolan@inland.k12.mi.us&gt;<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Courier">What is a china marker?<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>************************<BR>
<BR>
I can answer that one right away because just yesterday I went to Amsterdam=
Art to buy some after a listserv's member tipped us off. It's an oily type =
of pencil with a thread which you can pull to expose more oily lead when you=
need it. It's black and works well on many unusual surfaces...including an =
overhead sheet. I tried it today when I was discussing shading and it worked=
well for me. Thanks...whoever gave us the tip. <BR>
<BR>
I used to have some pencils which were excellent on an overhead but I haven=
't seen them in years so I guess they don't make them anymore. The china mar=
kers are the next best thing. Toodles....<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Courier"><BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3054053175_131043_MIME_Part--