art vocab in other classes.....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 20:18:45 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
*

>From: Nnaell@aol.com
> It is important for art teachers to understand the entire curriculum. Not
> only will you interdisciplinary projects be stronger...but with the focus
> on reading and writing right now....you can use art vocabulary to not only
> strengthen your students art knowledge and skills...but pull from other
> areas and reinforce what they are learning across the board! It is a good
thing!!!
*

I'd completely forgotten about this but about three years ago, the English
teachers at our mid. school went to all the elective and other subject
teachers for a list of words in their respective fields. Now all the 6th and
7th grade kids learn to spell and define about 50 art words among other
words in their English classes during the year. Toodles.......