dropping a line...

---------

From: Jayna Ledbetter (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 19:00:35 PDT

It's been a while since I have posted.... I've been so
tired! I was wondering if it was too late to be added
to the list for a get together in NYC. I think I owe
NAEA money for dues, though. I will find out. Has
registration for the conference started yet?
-The thread about tissue paper prompted me to share
something that I did in my room. I had students paint
tissue paper on the narrow rectangular windows of my
double doors in my classroom with watered down glue as
a fixative. It has stayed up for about a month and a
half and looks cool! It keeps students from looking in
or out during class, too.
I just finished a color mixing/painting/Impressionist
project with eighth graders- we used cotton swabs
instead of paintbrushes and primary colors, black, and
white. Most of the students produced great work! They
found landscape photos in Nat'l Geographic and
reproduced them Impressionist style. I couldn't have
asked for a better color mixing project. I let my
advanced 8th's stretch canvas, prime it, etc. I kind
of wish I hadn't done that- they are killing me the
way they hold their canvases with their fingers poking
through from the back, leaving little dents! Anyway,
since this is my first year, I thought I would brag
about my success with painting. Oh, yeah- getting some
really cool mandalas from 6th graders- they look great
mounted on black paper and displayed together. They
will provide a good backdrop for the huge origami
mobile that my entire advanced seventh grade made. Can
you all tell that I am excited about turning my room
into a student gallery? (It was empty when I moved in-
no posters even!)
Jayna ;)