Computer Graphics lessons (middle school)

---------

From: mdecker (mdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 16:13:53 PDT

Several have asked for Middle School plans for computer graphics. One good
one is photo manipulation Andy Warhol style (alter colors to bold contrasts
using Posterize and hue/saturation features). My student made four different
color choices using a variety of features of PhotoDeluxe. I have my own
sample (done demonstrating animation for the students) on our school server.
Click on the link for "another me" under my photo (one of my example
photos):

http://elms.elida.k12.oh.us/~jdecker/

One of the list members sent me a lesson plan for PhotoShop last year (I
revised it for PhotoDeluxe). There is also a lesson plan on the Warhol
Museum site.

I have also had students manipulate traditional prints and drawings combined
with digital image
7th grade- Print manipulation combined with digital image
http://elms.elida.k12.oh.us/~jdecker/images/ip-josh2.jpg

This is lesson combining digital image with a drawing (woven together)
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/studtext.htm

Our own Carolyn Roberts has some great lessons
http://cyber.lenoir.k12.nc.us/khs/croberts/roberts2.html

The Art Teacher Connection
http://www.inficad.com/~arted/

Arts & Technology
http://www.highschoolhub.org/hub/art.htm

Art, Math and Music
http://tlc.ai.org/mathart.htm

Elementary Computer Graphics
http://syrylynrainbowdragon.tripod.com/comlp.html

A new lesson I would like to try this year integrates math. I would like to
try an "earth mandala" (using flip, orientation, rotation features of
PhotoDeluxe) inspired by this site:

Earth Mandalas- digital photos
http://www.earthmandalas.com/

Hope this helps.