please, lets talk about art and teaching!!!!!!

---------

From: Davis, Lisa (davisli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 15:29:14 PDT

I agree. Please let this go!! There is a place for discussions like this, and this is NOT IT. I can see mentioning a candidate's stand on education in general, and art education in particular, but this is out of line. We're not going to change anyone's mind about politics or abortion, so let's not waste people's valuable time. Thanks.

>>> <whest177@wheatstate.com> 10/10/00 07:55PM >>>
I am sitting here debating whether to continue subscribing to this list, and from the feeling I am getting, I am not the only one. I subscribe to this list because I feel it is professionally beneficial to me. As a teacher and a mother my personal time is very limited (I'm sure most of you can relate). Yet lately I find I am hitting the delete key 90% of the time. While getting off topic occasionally (the kind that goes on and on and on) is frustrating to me, this is getting ridiculous! Well over 300 messages about political issues in the past week alone, and now I'm being subjected to the abortion issue! This is NOT a political forum, and while I know it is important to stay informed this is not the place. Please stop before we lose a lot of great ART Educators!
~Michal

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: davisli@LODI.k12.WI.US