Re: reiumbursement for conferences

---------

From: Nancy Walkup (walkup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 15:02:26 PDT

Because it is difficult for teachers to get professional leave for conferences, I would urge you all to make proposals for your state and national conventions. If you are a presenter, most school districts are more likely to help you go. One of the reasons the number of presentations people can give at NAEA has been reduced (now no more than 2) is to provide opportunities for others who haven't presented much or at all. Pam Stephens and I have a proposal in for NAEA on tips for presenting at conferences - we welcome your attendance. I still remember the first presentation I gave (at state) and how nervous I was. I promise it gets easier and it will c ount in your favor back home!

Nancy