Re(2): artsednet

---------

From: Ann Carolan (acarolan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 10:22:59 PDT

I am thankful that you have brought up the negative aspect of abortions. I have many close friends who due to abortions, which were done legally by doctors, were unable to have children. Tell me such invasive, unnatural procedures and manipulation of one's hormones doesn't have consequences? Then there is the psychological and emotional guilt. I know a lot about the lies we are fed about morality. Sleeping around has resulted in an epidemic of venereal diseases not to mention the erosion of all morality in our society. In the 50's 1 in 100's had a VD. In the 60's 1 in 30; now it's 1 in 4. YES. So, please don't tell me how safe abortionis. Look how unhappy so many of our children are who are living in uncommitted relationships and the girls who are being used and thrown away. There are somany young girls whose self esteem has been destroyed; who do not have any idea of what a true loving relationship should be. It's hard work; it's sacrifice; it's hanging in there when the going gets rough. And isn't itso coincidental that the divorce rate is astronomical.

Oh, and we're not supposed to have guilt, but how can one help but feel that killing one's young is wrong whether we admit it to our sophisticated, educated friends or not? Weren't we all terribly shocked by the girls who threw her baby in the garbage at the prom? Does the fact that an orderly puts things away in a nice neat bag and throws it into the incinerator away from our sight, make it ok? Reminds me of how the commuters jump on the expressways of our cities and can safely ignore the poverty lines as long as they don't have to drive through "those" neighborhoods.

Let's look again atthis issue and not be "used" by the users, those who make millions off this industry.

acarolan