Re: computer graphics lesson plans

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 06:23:58 PDT

I can't give you links to lesson plans, but for tutorials on lots of
different graphics software (including photoshop) go to www.renderosity.com
This is a forum for people using graphics software to communicate ideas and
problems (and they share lots of cool stuff they've developed for different
programs--saves a lot of time) Also good galleries that show off what some
of the programs can do--I've found these inspire my students to greater
heights--being able to see what the program can do in the hands of a
professional.

Also, when buying any kind of educational software be sure you are getting
the educator discount price. This can save you 10s to 1000s of dollars
depending on the program you are purchasing. To see an example of this
compare the prices of software at www.creationengine.com to software prices
at www.amazon.com (example: you can get the Adobe Design
Collection--InDesign 1.5, Photoshop 5.5, Illustrator 9.0 and Acrobat 4.0 for
$836 where the same package costs $1,619.99 at amazon's discounted
rate--that's almost 50% off of amazon's best discount which was 38% off of
suggested retail!)

Creation Engine is the best discounted software for educators site I have
found. They have a .PDF file which lists all of the software (and prices)
that is pages and pages long, with a 10 pt. type face. For those of you in
computer graphics it will get you drooling... :P

Hope all this helps...
Pat in West Texas
where it went from 100 degrees
to 43 degrees in one day...