Re: reiumbursement for conferences

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 05:48:41 PDT

I get the sub days (2) and they pay for the conference
fee only. I have to find my own place to stay and my
own transportation. I only attend the state level
conferences, though. I think I'd get laughed out of
the place if I asked to go to NY!!
teri
Jean Gallagher wrote:

Fellow art teachers--with all the talk of state
art ed conferences I was
wondering what financial support do you get from
your school districts?
Do they pay your registration? meals? room?
mileage?

Dear Jean,
My district gives me one professional day to attend
conferences. That's it.
We have no in-services for our five art teachers.
Though maybe once a year
they give us time to meet during an inservice day.
But not every year. I
just use personal days or sick days for conferences
but I only go to about one
conference a year because I have to pay for
everything. I work in a wealthy,
well funded district.

Sky