Re: reiumbursement for conferences

---------

skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 05:46:33 PDT

Jean Gallagher wrote:

> Fellow art teachers--with all the talk of state art ed conferences I was
> wondering what financial support do you get from your school districts?
> Do they pay your registration? meals? room? mileage?

Dear Jean,
My district gives me one professional day to attend conferences. That's it.
We have no in-services for our five art teachers. Though maybe once a year
they give us time to meet during an inservice day. But not every year. I
just use personal days or sick days for conferences but I only go to about one
conference a year because I have to pay for everything. I work in a wealthy,
well funded district.

Sky