Re: artsednet

---------

From: msqu (msqu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 21:48:34 PDT

I'm glad my mother didn't believe in abortion. If we say it's ok to murder
unborn children because they might grow up on the wrong side of the law then
what does that say about us as a society? Is my income more important that
my Christain beliefs? In the past society shunned and shamed unwed mothers
and since abortion was illegal, some women gambled their lives on back alley
butchery. In our society today, women have children out of wedlock openly.
No one blicks an eye. There is a lot of emotional and financial support for
unwed mothers. And we have we have Oprah and other talk shows that make it
seem like it 's ok. We are more informed about the consequences of such make
shift abortions as well.
Abortionists don't mention all the legal abortions that maim and kill. They
also don't talk about the emotional scarring. Pregnant women are at the
mercy of their hormones. The very young are scared. How can a nation place
such a low value on life? There are thousands of women that wish they could
take it back and suffer from nightmares. It is so cruel. Since others have
said their piece. I feel compelled to say mine.
Martha Ulakovits