reiumbursement for conferences

---------

From: Jean Gallagher (jeanalice2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 19:02:00 PDT

Fellow art teachers--with all the talk of state art ed conferences I was
wondering what financial support do you get from your school districts?
Do they pay your registration? meals? room? mileage?
In our district no one can attend professional development seminars
located outside of the district (due to lack of subs), but our district
doesn't offer any ART in-services for its 5 art teachers.
With all the talk of starting teaching testing you think professional
development in all fields would be required.
If I can't get approval to attend I think I will need a sick day in
November ;)
Any info you can share would be appreciated. Jean in Michigan