Yes your vote does Count!!!!

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 15:23:04 PDT

Also it is possible to win the Presidential Election (electoral collage) and
still have less than 50% of the popular vote. Even if your choice cannot win
your state or the national election, your vote does count. It gives Congress
and the Executive a feel for the country and points out the issues we care
about. Since they also have to deal with mid-term elections and the possible
change of power within the Congress. Every vote for every office is
important. If you don't vote don't let me hear you complain you gave away
your right to complain if you don't take part in the process.

Now that I've completely confused all members who live under a parliamentary
system, let me say yes the American system is crazy and Texas even more so.
(at least our legislature only meets once every two years in Texas it
minimizes the damage they do)

BTW If in the popular vote for President Candidate A gets 51% and Candidate
B gets 49% who wins the election? Candidate B if he/she won the biggest
states (who have more electoral votes) NY, California, Texas, Florida and a
few more get you the election. If it ever actually happens that way we will
probably have an amendment to the Constitution changing the Presidential
election to a popular vote.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator