Re: painting, etching

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 12:41:22 PDT

I've done scratch art with 3rd this year. We did
fish. They drew a contour of a fish on scratch paper,
slightly smaller than the scratch paper we had made
the previous lesson. Cut it out and use as a pattern
(each fish was very different). Use a stylus to
scratch out the patterns of the fish, scales, eyes,
etc. Cut out fish. With the leftover pieces of
black, students cut other undersea creatures, sunken
ships, etc, all scratched for the details. We made an
ocean background by rolling cool colors over bubble
wrap then printing. Glue black scratch-art fish and
extras onto the background. These turned out soooo
good!
teri
--- "@HOME" <maryann@brightring.com> wrote:
On 10/9/00 11:57 AM, Becky Tomlinson at
> misstom@home.com wrote:

Has anyone done etching with crayon on paper painted
black and then scratched off a design? I have a
bottle of black liquid tempera paint and was hoping
this would work.

I've done it with grades one and two. You might want
to add a little liquid
soap to the paint so it will stick better to the
crayon. Make sure they
color really heavy and bright and cover the paper
with crayon. It's best if
they leave almost no white space.