Re: email weirdness

---------

_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 12:26:38 PDT

Another little trick to this, when you receive such a message, hit "reply"
and the message will be put into broken lines for you. Send it to
yourself...not the sender...

> I think it is when the sender is using the full screen option when sending the
> email, that it is received that way on our screens (very, very long lines of
> writing). The best thing to do, is to write the emails in the little box that
> is defaulted on the screen.
> Anne-Marie
>
> Yvette Lewis wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know why I would on some email get a very, very long line of
>> writing instead of margins and a column?
>> I never had this problem before I switched to a Mac and Navigator. I
>> don't know how to correct it
>> Yvette

--------------------------------
MaryAnn Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
:o)

From owner-artsednet Mon, 09 Oct 2000 12:39:38 -0700
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 12:39:38 -0700
Subject: Quick art ideas for elementary kids
From: "@HOME" <maryann@brightring.com>
To: LOOP LOOP ArtsEdNet <artsednet@web1.pub.getty.edu>

--MS_Mac_OE_3053939978_7460051_MIME_Part

Coupla art ideas for the people requesting some art ideas to do easily with
elementary aged kids.
--------------------------------
MaryAnn Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
:o)

Adapted and Printed with permission from title, "Discovering Great Artists"
by Kohl and Solga
Magazine Collage Drawing
* Extra: you can relate this project to the art of Salvador Dali,
Surrealism=20

Materials
drawing paper
colored markers, crayons, colored pencils
scissors
glue
catalogs and magazines (or photographs) for cutting out pictures

Process
To Prepare: An adult can pre-select pictures that are clear and uncluttered
from magazines or catalogs, or the kids can select their own. Tear them out
and save them in a box. Photographs are great to use, and can be photocopie=
first if you don=B9t want to use the original photo.
1. Choose a picture with a clear, uncluttered image. Glue it on the paper.
For example, cut out a woman=B9s smiling face and glue this on the drawing
paper.
2. Next, using imagination, draw a picture incorporating the magazine
picture into a drawing in some way.
Some ideas and examples:
- The picture of a woman's face could be turned into the strange head of a=
animal that is part human and part lion, dog, or bear.
- Cut-outs of coins could be glued on a drawing to represent flower
blossoms in a vase or garden.
- A cut-out of a horse could be given wings to fly.
- A cut-out of a flower could become a fantastic imaginary bird.
Note: More than one cut-out may be used in a drawing.

Variations
- Bright colorful scraps and shapes of paper can also be incorporated into =
drawing instead of cut-out magazine pictures or in addition to the cut-outs=