Re: Tissue paper mosaics

---------

_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 12:25:00 PDT

On 10/9/00 10:32 AM, Anne-Marie Swierz at annes@wavewizard.com wrote:

> I have a question . . . as you know I teach all ages from 6 - 60 and I
> have just been asked by one of my 6 yr. old students if the class was
> going to "paint" with tissue paper?

One Way to do This:
The way I interpret this is to cut a piece of tissue into a shape (this is
art tissue in bright colors), and place it on your white paper. Then paint
it down with water. Let dry a little, and peel off. The color will be left
on the white paper.

Another Way:
Little kids like to wet the paper first, and then press on tissue pieces,
letting them bleed and blend. They leave the pieces on...or take them
off...either way.
MaryAnn Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
:o)