Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Tissue paper mosaics

Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 12:25:00 PDT

On 10/9/00 10:32 AM, Anne-Marie Swierz at wrote:

> I have a question . . . as you know I teach all ages from 6 - 60 and I
> have just been asked by one of my 6 yr. old students if the class was
> going to "paint" with tissue paper?

One Way to do This:
The way I interpret this is to cut a piece of tissue into a shape (this is
art tissue in bright colors), and place it on your white paper. Then paint
it down with water. Let dry a little, and peel off. The color will be left
on the white paper.

Another Way:
Little kids like to wet the paper first, and then press on tissue pieces,
letting them bleed and blend. They leave the pieces on...or take them
off...either way.
MaryAnn Kohl