Clay masks

---------

From: Chandra (chandra_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 06:25:39 PDT

Hi, I would like to do clay masks, but only have self drying clay, because
of no kiln. Has anyone ever made masks from self-drying clay? Does it
work? or do they fall apart? Any tips? I was trying to avoid Paper Mache.
I have celluclay, and was wondering also if it might work to use tagboard
as a base with celluclay attachments for nose etc. Let me know if anyone
has any mask tips besides paper mache. I've just been doing it, and it's
intensive work for me. Thanks , chandra in cold, rainy, maine.