Re: printing press question

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 06:06:33 PDT

In a message dated 10/08/2000 5:10:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
wjbaas@execpc.com writes:

> also someone on the list recommended Gum Arabic for monoprint tranferrs from
> plexiglass. Unable to locate to order. Where do I get it?

I wrote that and you can order it from Sax or get it at the local art store.
It is used with watercolors and is in a small jar. With a cottonball apply
the gum arabic to the taped down vellum and seal the paper. When it is dry
you can apply the createx paint when that dries print with a moistened paper
and a press with moderate pressure. The paper should be lifted with a piece
of matt board to give it a good contact with the paper in the press.

Ken Schwab
San Jose CA