Art Education/Politcial Forum? Your facts

---------

From: Gabrielle Prandoni (gprandon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 03:06:48 PDT

Subject: Re: Gore lies-Bush what?
From: Terilynn Sanford <terimason@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 06:42:06 -0700 (PDT)

What is your average class size now? Ours in TX is 22
or less in the elem. level. What have Clinton/Gore
done to reduce class size in 8 years? And where are
the pay raises they promised way back in 92? I've
been teaching all that time and haven't seen any
raise. Oh wait, Bush gave us a raise last year! The
only one teachers have gotten in almost 20 years in
TX. Hmmmmm.....
--- Armisteadart@aol.com wrote:

There is no shortage of personal opinions on this list in regards to
political points of view (fact). I spend a considerable amount of time
listening to the talking heads here in Washington DC and reading what they
interpret is going on. One FACT I would have to agree with is that the
Federal Government can do little to affect change in education. This is
really the states domain, as well it should be. Only if Federal Laws are
being broken (separate but equal' comes to mind) can the Fed step in and
dictate to the states what to do.

I think it is wonderful that so many teachers are interested in politics and
involved in the Presidential election. I am sure that you have come up with
valid reasons in your own mind as to why the candidate you support will be
best for the job. I am on this list to improve my teaching techniques, be
inspired by other teachers, and get new ideas, or add to lessons I have
already implemented. I am not interested in finding out anymore truisms or
falsehoods about the two major parties candidates-especially second hand.
So if you wish to argue your points please do so somewhere else.

This is getting old.
BTW I am happy for you in Texas that have such small classes. That is
wonderful. But I do not hold the federal government responsible for the
size of my classes. That is something the Principal at each school has
control over. They can choose how staff are being used. Here we have a
principal that is interested in having support for the most needy students
in small group activities. The teacher that runs that program (during the
school day deals with 6 students) at the same time I have a class of 32.
That is his choice as the principal....do I agree with it?
Gabrielle

gprandon@erols.com