California STAR.....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 21:13:51 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
*

>From: charlotte griswold <griswald@telis.org>
> Bunki, I think I remember that last year your school/district gave the
> kids peppermint candy because it would help them perform better on the
> test? did it?

Yep. It was our school. I don't know about the kids, but all the crackling
paper during the testing when they removed the candy from the wrappings
nearly drove ME nuts! I STILL have bags of candy left. Fortunately it's the
kind I DON'T like...yipee.

> We also read in the paper that our entire staff will receive $800 a
> piece for meeting and exceed our state mandated goals.
> We are all shaking our heads, and won't believe it until we see it!
> Charlotte

Don't hold your breath, Charlotte. I read this morn that the state wasn't
prepared for so MANY schools in CA to assess so well and that they are not
financially ready to give us the money due. The amounts quoted this morning
were exceedingly lower than had been promised. There's also no idea yet what
kind of strings will be attached to this $$$. You are wise not to believe it
until you see it!