Re: TAAS? and testing........

---------

From: charlotte griswold (griswald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 20:02:19 PDT

Bunki, I think I remember that last year your school/district gave the
kids peppermint candy because it would help them perform better on the
test? did it?
BTW, in the latest figures that CA released on the STAR results, we were
all amazed to find that our Underperforming school suddenly became a
performing one...we exceed our required gain of 15 points on the API, by
4 points. We learned about it in the paper, even our principal was
surprised as we thought we had only a 3% gain...turns out that the state
deleted all the scores of the students who were not in the district for
the full year! I guess they didn't get counted any where. We have a
51% rate of transcins...y, so there you have it...Bush's fuzzy math at
it's best...I wonder how they skew the figures in Texas?
We also read in the paper that our entire staff will receive $800 a
piece for meeting and exceed our state mandated goals.
We are all shaking our heads, and won't believe it until we see it!
Charlotte

--
Charlotte Griswold
mailto:griswald@telis.org