Susan/ Why not? This is not a political forum!

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 19:39:56 PDT

----------
>From: ARTNSOUL12@aol.com
Subject: Re: Why not? This is not a political forum!
>Date: Sun, Oct 8, 2000, 9:41 AM

I do agree with you that the primary purpose is an exchange of our art
interests. I agree that I get very tired of the silly uninformed
stuff but I wouldn't want to stop the discussion. It needs to be
exposed to the light of day. Sometimes you have to wade through it to
get to the interesting stuff like your report of your cousin's
information. I was very interested in the facts you can personally
refute.

I have read about your efforts and achievements with art licenses.
Good job!

> Sharon, I understand and agree with your point about the importance of being
> out there and involved in the political arena. Infact, we, The New York
> State Art Teachers Association (of which I am on the board), recently
lobbyed
> for and got a law passed in our state that makes it manadory for all art
educators to be licensed in their field in order to teach art.

> My point is that I was disappointed to see such silly "facts" spewed out,
> none of which, in my opinion, had any real substance or any relationship to
> art or art education. I think that for posts such as these, this website is
not a political forum.

> Here's one example on the list of "facts" that I can personally refute:
> "Fact": Gore got C's and D's in law school and had to drop out. "Real
> Fact": My cousin (last name Goren) went to law school with Al Gore and sat
right next to Gore at graduation. So, not only do I know a witness
to Gore's
> graduation day, but according to my lawyer cousin, Gore was maga cum laude.
Now, is that magna cum laude a "fact"? I can only tell you it's my
cousin's heresay.

> Facts or statistics of our political candidates that involve art, education,
art education, children, the standards, a candidate's stance on
issues that effect us as educators, their voting records, I do think
are pertainent to this website. However, as I said before, I am in
this group primarily to share ideas with my collegues on art and art
education. Susan on Long Island