Re: Gore lies-Bush what?

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 11:10:45 PDT

In the copy of NEA magazine that I rec'd last weekend, there was an article
about Gore and Bush. Did anybody else see it? It boiled down to pro-Gore.(IMHO)
They had quotes from each- and in my opnion, made Bush look pretty poor. It went
on to say that most of the initiatives in ed reform in Texas were started before
Bush ever got in there.
I am not anywhere near Texas, so as an outsider, I try to sift through all of the
rhetoric that comes down the pike. You people working in education in Texas are
my best shot at getting accurate info about Bush's ed reforms.
I think this is a very appropriate thread as it does affect all of us. And if
there is a discrepancy between the class sizes in different parts of the state,
then I'm thinking that something doesn't 'jive' Betsy ( Freezing in So Indy )