RE: HELP! Sat. Art class with 4yrolds and up

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 11:06:23 PDT

Don't try to keep them in their seats for the whole 55 minutes it will not
work. For four and five years old, plan on 20 to 30 minutes with a break
time. Maybe do a mini clean up before moving to the next step, a circle
game, put on some good music to move to as a group, or some other activity
that they can move around. Then build up over time. Also pick 2 - 3 chores
that the children must do to clean up. After the majority has mastered
those, add another chore.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator