FW: Ralph Nader Barred from Debates, Gagged by Corporate Cash

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 10:31:08 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Nader 2000 Campaign [mailto:campaign@VOTENADER.COM]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 3:36 PM
To: NEWSLETTER@LIST.VOTENADER.ORG
Subject: Ralph Nader Barred from Debates, Gagged by Corporate Cash

* NADER BARRED FROM VIEWING DEBATE
In a move Ralph Nader called "the beginning of the end of the Commission on
Presidential Debates," the debate commission, along with three uniformed
police, refused to admit Nader to a televised viewing room, separate from
the presidential debate auditorium, even though Nader had a ticket to the
event and was invited by the media.

If you think that Ralph should be included in the debates then sign the
online petition. We have almost reached 100,000 signatures!
http://votenader.org/debates/
Read more: http://votenader.org/press/0001003naderbarred.html

* SUPER RALLIES
Nader has been packing stadiums all across the country with this new
political phenomenon. With audiences that dwarf the paltry public events of
the "major" party candidates, the energy of these rallies is testimony to
Ralph's dominance of the public political arena. Don't miss your chance to
be a part of history, get tickets to our Chicago or Madison Square Garden
rallies:
http://www.votenader.com/superrallies.html

* RALPH TO APPEAR ON SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
Ralph Nader will be appearing on Saturday Night Live tomorrow night (October
7). Invite ten of your friends and make it a Nader night. For ideas and
materials look at our houseparty page:
http://votenader.org/materials/houseparty/
and volunteer! http://votenader.org/volunteer.html

* VOTER-REGISTRATION DEADLINES FAST APPROACHING!
If you haven't yet registered to vote (or if you've moved since you last
voted), chances are you have almost no time left. While deadlines vary from
state to state, most won't let you vote in November if you aren't registered
by sometime within the next week. Our website has a chart that tells you
when each state's deadline is. It also contains info on absentee voting
periods and (for those states that allow it) early in-person voting, as well
as URL's and phone numbers for each state elections office -- call to find
out how you can register quickly. If you are already registered, please
spend the next few days making sure all your friends are too.
http://www.votenader.org/register2vote.html

* RALPH NADER WANTS YOU!

If you are interested in a particular field, we're looking for your help:

Health Care/Seniors Organizer: andrea@votenader.org
Campaign Finance Reform/Clean Elections: djw@votenader.org
Corporate Abuses & Consumer Rights: khalid@votenader.org
Students: corey@votenader.org
Globalization & Sweatshops: alex@votenader.org
Race & Gender Justice: smita@votenader.org
Food, Agriculture, and Industrial Hemp: kevin@votenader.org
Environment: dave@votenader.org
Labor: jpierce@1st.net

Through this weekly newsletter you will get updates about the latest
happenings in the Nader 2000 campaign: you can find out how you can
volunteer (http://votenader.org/volunteer.html), how you and your friends
can make contributions (http://votenader.org/donate.html) and how to
ENCOURAGE OTHERS to VOLUNTEER and WORK to TRANSFORM THIS YEAR'S RACE INTO AN
OPEN DEBATE ON CORPORATE CONTROL OF OUR DEMOCRACY AND OUR LIVES. Please
forward this message to all of your friends and encourage them to sign up!

Paid for by the Nader 2000 General Committee, Inc.
P.O. Box 18002, Washington, D.C. 20036
campaign@votenader.org