Why not???This isn't a political forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 08:24:11 PDT

This scares me the most. More than lying politicians.

Art teachers need to be involved and discussing the issues (how else
are opinions formed but through discussion of points of view with
people who care for the same programs?) and being advocates in the
political arena. Remember when we were left out of the standards? A
few out there were more than happy clams in the classrooms. They had
their ear to the ground and acted in time to get us included. Our
association memberships provide us with much more than pep rallies
lesson plans.

It would be wonderful if we could spend all our energy toward the
lessons in our classroom but that is not the way of our world.

Right now the question of who will be influencing decisions for the
next 4 years is more important for me than next weeks lesson plan. I
want to hear the opinions of fellow art teachers.

I apologize if I come on too strong and offend. I am speaking to the
subject not the person.