Re: 1st yr teacher-still life

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 07:08:29 PDT

Oh, yes, I get it now. Mine love to use watercolor
like tempera, too! Now I've started them in K by
telling them that watercolor is supposed to be
"see-through" and "light" and have emphasized that if
it seems too dark to add some water to it or to use
the extra color in another area. They are so cute
being careful!
How about using watercolor pencils or crayons (even
portfolio's water-soluble oil pastels)? These are
great because they can color heavily where they want a
darker value, then just barely shade the lighter
values. They might be able to better "get it" before
trying the real thing.
teri
I wondered if 6th grade was too young to