Re: 1st yr teacher-still life

---------

From: Beth Goodwin (bgood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 06:58:08 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terilynn Sanford" <terimason@yahoo.com>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: 1st yr teacher-JanJarreau-still life

Teri; I didn't make that as specific as I meant about the still life
question. I wondered if 6th grade was too young to expect them to get some
value with the water colors - after drawing/ pencil shading exercise and
demonstration/practice w/water color before they start the real painting. It
seemed that no matter how much I showed them and reminded, most wanted to
still use if like tempera paint. Two or three out of thirty seemed to get
the picture. Thanks. Beth P.S. Thanks for the extra still life ideas.