Politics in General November elections specifically

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 20:10:30 PDT

I was visiting my Mom's family, when a family friend said to my Uncle, "She
doesn't look much like the rest of you," John smiled and said, "You haven't
gotten in an argument with her, she quiet, but that Sullivan stubborn
independent streak is that much deeper and wider in her for it."

That streak goes into my politics also. I don't listen to reporters or
politicians, unless I can verify what they say. May I suggest each of you
check out your candidates' actual positions, not the ones they mouth on the
campaign trail but their voting records. I suggest starting with
http://www.vote-smart.org/. You can look up candidates, their records,
ranking by various special interest groups, and their answers to a
questionnaire put out by the group. You will need to know your Zip + 4 code.
It can be found at the
http://www.framed.usps.com/ncsc/lookups/lookup_zip+4.html site. Vote Smart
has information of the Presidential election, US House, US Senate, all 50
state governors, and office holders in all 50 state legislatures.

The US Congress sites Senate http://www.senate.gov/ and House
http://www.house.gov/ also have voting records of members available, but it
can be difficult to find exactly the bill your looking for.

Kimberly (kimberly@wcc.net)

Ps. For the record my Nanna has 24 grandkids and I do not look like any of
them including my sister, I look like my Dad's side of the family.