RE: Claes Oldenberg

---------

From: Julie Brady (7.jbrady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 08:20:11 PDT

------_=_NextPart_001_01C02FA8.EB56F650

Thanks for everyone's responses to my question about the sculptor I was
looking for. Since you gave me the answer, I have already started the
project with my middle school students. We studied some of his work and the
theory behind "Pop Art", and then set to choosing objects that are not
necessarily aesthetically beautiful, but rather useful. We did drawings of
these objects from all views. The students chose items such as hairdryers,
shampoo bottles, roller blades, video game controllers, eyeglasses, etc.
Their ideas were wonderful! They have built their forms and are deep into
their layers of paper mache. The last layer will be construction paper (for
color and strength) and details will be added with paint. They are really
excited about their work and will be writing a paragraph to describe why
they chose their object. It is really fun to watch the kids enjoy so much!

------_=_NextPart_001_01C02FA8.EB56F650

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>RE: Claes Oldenberg</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks for everyone's responses to my question about =
the sculptor I was looking for.&nbsp; Since you gave me the answer, I =
have already started the project with my middle school students.&nbsp; =
We studied some of his work and the theory behind &quot;Pop Art&quot;, =
and then set to choosing objects that are not necessarily aesthetically =
beautiful, but rather useful.&nbsp; We did drawings of these objects =
from all views.&nbsp; The students chose items such as hairdryers, =
shampoo bottles, roller blades, video game controllers, eyeglasses, =
etc.&nbsp; Their ideas were wonderful!&nbsp; They have built their =
forms and are deep into their layers of paper mache.&nbsp; The last =
layer will be construction paper (for color and strength) and details =
will be added with paint.&nbsp; They are really excited about their =
work and will be writing a paragraph to describe why they chose their =
object.&nbsp; It is really fun to watch the kids enjoy so =
much!</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C02FA8.EB56F650--