Re: Art Teachers/ Artists+ question

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 06:29:39 PDT

I've been following this thread and have been interested in the discussion
of local artists turning up their noses at art teachers. I've been
experiencing this for 5 years now even though there are other local art
teachers who are successfully playing both sides.

Now, in the mail yesterday, it looks like somebody has finally noticed my
efforts. I've been asked to participate in an invitation only exhibit at one
of the local galleries.

The theme for the exhibit is "the Gingerbread House: An Artistic
Interpretation"

I have to have my proposal in by October 20th and then have a month to
complete the project. It can be in any media, but I'm thinking I would like
to try my hand at a traditional gingerbread house, but with an artistic
twist... Cubist, Impressionist, Surrealist, etc. My wife is pushing for
Surrealist, but I'm still undecided. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Pat in Lubbock, TX
where the temp. was 100 degrees yesterday
and is 50 degrees today!