Re: printmaking with leaves!!

---------

From: Sally & Mike Engle (salnmike_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 17:50:23 PDT

>"does anyone know of any good childrens books
>that could accompany this lesson? We are going to feature the Georgia
>O'keefe as an artist who works with nature. I would love any comments!!"

>Native American culture in your project? Especially since you're dealing
>with leaves and nature. There will be lots of children's books out there
>dealing with that culture... but you just have to find the most
>appropriate one for the project and age level.

Not leaves, but nature and color and art - The Legend of the Indian
Paintbrush. Wonderful story with a great message to encourage young artists.
it is about a young brave who is chosen to record his tribes history with
his talent for art. It would fit a Native American approach and you could
go into the wonderful colors of nature in the different seasons.
Sally ^.^ salnmike@foryou.net