Re: printmaking with leaves!! - living things

---------

_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 17:16:07 PDT

On 10/5/00 2:25 PM, Aaron and Jennifer at THEGREEN99@prodigy.net wrote:

> "I just think it is wrong to make art out of living things."

I think he could cut leaf shapes out of recycled paper or fabric or
"anything"... but actually, we used to have this discussion with my first
and second graders. I felt that if the leaves fell from the tree, it was
fine to use them, but I didn't think we should go picking them ... and the
same for flowers. When we went to the beach at low tide for a sea life
explore, we took NOTHING living from the beach. In fact, we took
nothing...including shells or driftwood. It's good to be aware. What a neat
kid that was who said, "I just think it is wrong to make art out of living
things." And what a wonderful opportunity for discussion.
MaryAnn Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
:o)