Re: printmaking with leaves!!

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 15:28:32 PDT

In a message dated 10/05/2000 6:38:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
elsenak@uwec.edu writes:

> We were thinking about making some sort of book to
> go along with the prints to make it more challenging...we're not really
> sure of the capabilities of a 5th grader! Any ideas?? We are using
> watercolors to print.

I don't know about watercolors for printing. I would use tempera and roll
the paint onto the green supple leaves for a transfer print.

Even sponges would be good to softly sponge over and around the edges of the
leaves and then move them to produce new shapes and overlap the first ones.

Ken Schwab
San Jose CA