Re: Parent/Teacher Night behind the CART!

---------

From: Ann Carolan (acarolan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 15:01:19 PDT

I feel the exact same way, but I was only given a room for 1 "token" year when we had our building project. They even refused to put in water and sinks, I'm sure they never planned onkeeping it for art but wanted the public to think everyone got everything they needed.

It's all politics and this year I go home in such pain and discouragement I don't know how I can continue especially when every one else DOES have everything they need. The superintendent told me he couldn't ask the public for an "art room"; it would never go over. He might consider asking for more classroom space and then maybe it could be anart room. I hear maybe for 12 years now.

I console myself by doing exactly what I want in the summer and I'm currently working on my own art.

I love the kids but the conditions are so bad that I'm tripping overthem and find it hard to control my frustration. I pray a lot.

Jesus suffered too. I guess I have his wounds in my feet.

ann