Re(2): Christmas decor

---------

From: Ann Carolan (acarolan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 14:35:46 PDT

I, for one, feel these crafts are great forthe holidays. A thing of beauty is a joy forever. They are giving of themselves to create beauty, express their love through a handmade gifts. It's counter-materialism. How can it be wrong? Are we so educated and sophisticated that we have educated ourselves into imbecility. Onward with the crafts! Our kids aren't all going to be art teachers or designers but we can teach them to express their "art" and their love for each other beyond the mundane materialistic shopping mall obsession during these seasons.
ann