Re: Request for opinions re: Arts Education

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 10:17:47 PDT

Research author and teacher Howard Gardner, Harvard's "Project Zero".

>>> hagees@juno.com 10/05 7:35 AM >>>
Hello. My name is Jeanni Hagee and I am a graduate student at Ohio State.
I am studying Speech-Language Pathology and I'm currently taking classes and
practicum to receive certificiation to serve as a Speech Pathologist in the
public schools.
-In one of my school cert. classes, we are giving brief presentations on
"Hot Topics" in education, and I chose ARTS IN EDUCATION as my subject area.
I have a deep love of the arts and was a devoted member of school bands and
choirs. I am quite convinced of the enrichment of my life and enhancement
of my education that arts education provided, and I hope to convey to the
class the importance of arts education.
-I know that arts education has been undervalued and threatened in many
school systems across the country. I am hoping that arts educators reading
this might be willing to shart opinions about the current state of arts
education in America (or in your particular state or school district) and
about the many benefits of arts education for students.
I hope you view this message not as an intrusion but as a chance to spread
the word about the values of Arts in Education.
-If you do have information or an opinion to share, please reply and provide
your title/position. Names will only be used in my presentation with your
permission. (Info. shared with be presented to a class of only 25 or so
grad. students wanting to learn more about public education.)

Thanks for your assistance,
Jeanni Hagee

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: Billse@fsusd.k12.ca.us