Re: 1st yr teacher-JanJarreau-still life

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 07:09:26 PDT

I do still life with grades 2-5. We just wrapped up a
big unit on it. I let them all create their own still
life, after discussing what to draw first,
overlapping, perspective, etc. 2nd uses simply the
supplies in their box (glue bottles, scissors,
pencils, etc), 3-5 gets to set up their own with stuff
I have collected at garage sales (cool teapots, old
beer steins, percolators, etc) and the many wine
bottles my hubby and I go through! Each grade level
does a different medium: 2-oil pastel and watercolor,
3-seed/bean mosaic (corny, but they LOVE it),
4-pointillism with marker, 5-value collage (paint 6
diff values of gray on paper. Let dry. Draw still
life items on the back, cut out and arrange on a
half-white, half-black paper background). They have
all enjoyed this and the results are incredible!
So, NO, I don't think 6th is too young for still life
:-)
teri