Re: Polydrons

---------

From: Wendy Manning (wmanning_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 17:06:53 PDT

They sound a lot like a toy called Zax, very popular about 10 years ago, but I
don't think they make them any more. I buy them whenever I see them at yard
sales. My middle-schoolers like to play with them if they finish their projects
early.

Kimberly Herbert wrote:
A few years back going through some cupboards I found a box of these things call
polydrons. They are squares and triangles that snap together along the sides of
the shape. The kids can build all sorts of different shapes, even what you could
call movable (if temporary sculptures). Like a flower shape that opens and
closes.