Re: Hi, I'm a first year teacher- group of 8th graders

---------

From: Beth Goodwin (bgood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 16:48:40 PDT

Hi Lisa; I sure know whaat you mean! I have similar problems. We've done an
acrylic painting and are now working on papier mache masks. One class, very
motiviated, great results, the other class, about half and half, and boy
does the one half make it hard for me. - last period of the day too. One
thing I did with my 7th graders that was very successful was the compter
aided perspective lessons on Harold Olejarz's site. I put 2 peices of
cardboard together(taped around all edges w/ masking tape) and it makes a
pretty sturdy drawing board. I also use them outside. With those to keep
on their laps, it works out pretty well. We spend about 3 days and start
out looking at all the great art work done by middle schoolers that other
people on this list have posted. They really liked it.

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: bgood@alltel.net