1st yr teacher-JanJarreau-still life

---------

From: Beth Goodwin (bgood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 16:38:14 PDT

------=_NextPart_000_0114_01C02E3A.A33F7640

Just to add to the still life idea. I too have lots of wacky middle =
schoolers and this is only my 2nd yr. I did some lessons on shape, form =
with my 6th graders - shading the forms, etc., so I am anxious to try =
your technique for the next nine weeks. It sounds wonderful. After =
that they we did a lesson on coor and then they painted a watercolor =
still life. I set up a kind of fall arrangement - pumpkins, gourds, =
diferent shaped squashes, basket w/mums, Indian corn, and a hand spade. =
I think they did a very good job and got some nice color mixes, but =
does anyone think 6th grade is too young for this? I hung many of them =
in the school office and the secretaries and principals are thrilled, so =
I got the bright idea to do seasonal ones as the nine week sessions =
change - Christmas (pines, holly, poinsettia, Xmas balls, etc.), winter =
(haven't figured that out yet), and spring. They love me in that office =
!

------=_NextPart_000_0114_01C02E3A.A33F7640

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Just to add to the still life idea.&nbsp; I too have =
lots of=20
wacky middle schoolers and this is only my 2nd yr.&nbsp; I did some =
lessons on=20
shape, form with my 6th graders - shading the forms, etc., so I am =
anxious to=20
try your technique for the next nine weeks.&nbsp; It sounds =
wonderful.&nbsp;=20
After that they we did a lesson on coor and then they painted a =
watercolor still=20
life.&nbsp; I set up&nbsp;a kind of fall&nbsp;arrangement - pumpkins, =
gourds,=20
diferent shaped squashes, basket w/mums, Indian corn, and a hand =
spade.&nbsp; I=20
think they did a very good job and got some nice color =
mixes,&nbsp;&nbsp;but=20
does anyone think 6th grade is too young for this?&nbsp; I hung many of =
them in=20
the school office and the secretaries and principals are thrilled, so I =
got the=20
bright idea to do seasonal ones as the nine week sessions change - =
Christmas=20
(pines, holly, poinsettia, Xmas balls, etc.), winter (haven't figured =
that out=20
yet), and spring. They love me in that office =
!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0114_01C02E3A.A33F7640--