Polydrons

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 16:23:27 PDT

A few years back going through some cupboards I found a box of these things
call polydrons. They are squares and triangles that snap together along the
sides of the shape. The kids can build all sorts of different shapes, even
what you could call movable (if temporary sculptures). Like a flower shape
that opens and closes. They suddenly became a big hit with a group of 5 - 7
year olds at the museum. They are running out of things to do with them
because of the limited number. I want to buy more, but the box was not
original. I've looked in toy stores and checked around on the Internet. One
site brought up the company name Mindware as educational toys but I couldn't
find any more about them. The individual pieces have the following markings

Polydron (r)
Registered design
Made in England
US pat. 4055019
Can Pat 96985

If you know anything about these, please let me know. It would make three
little boys every happy.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator