Re: displaying student work

---------

From: Davis, Lisa (davisli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 05:36:58 PDT

While it is true that some kids who are not good in other areas may be good in art, that is no reason to limit displays of student work to those students who are not academically strong (as it seems the first teacher felt the parent was implying). Making a strong division between art and academics is a stereotype that art teachers, as professional educators, need to avoid if we want our programs taken seriously.

Really?
Why would you laugh at such statement. Education is the way we deal with such
comments. Perhaps the parent meant that often students that are not strong
academically can find a place to shine in the arts. Many students are able to
make connections in the art room and then find that it can open doors to many
for them, educationally speaking. Parents are no different.

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: davisli@LODI.k12.WI.US