plastic laminating film

---------

From: lia (johns392_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 06:58:17 PDT

deb... I keep a box of it (laminate scraps) for two things. First. I
often have no erasers in my room...or very few.... (it's the kinder fat
pencils discussion...mine had no erasers which I liked) When kids really
wanted to try some things or ideas without "messing up" their work....I
would let them use a vis-a-vis on the film over their work to see how it
might look. Second... I really never mark directly on kids work...but
sometimes you need a visual to explain something you are trying to get them
to understand....esp. where very "rules" apply like in how shadows fall, or
perspective. In those case I use it to draw on over their work to show
what I mean...(also with a vis-a-vis) and then I take it (the laminate
film) with me....so that they have the opportunity to try it themselves.

lia