Re: Elements and Principles book

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 20:30:09 PDT

Debbie Nicholas wrote:

> My students created an Elements and Principles book
> once as their semester exam. I was happy with the
> results but it did take a lot of work. We created
> accordian style books. I felt as if my students
> really got a true understanding of the elements and
> principles. The students didn't like the project so I
> have not tried it again. Most of those students were
> lazy and didn't want to work any outside of class and
> that is what it took to truly create a good book.

Debbie,

Don't give up on a good project because of one downer class. A couple
of students can kill the morale of a class, amazingly enough; if they
infect the others, everyone seems to go on strike. It really takes
teaching something about three times to work out the bugs in the
lesson. Keep at it!

Maggie