Re: leftover laminating material

---------

From: Litesal (litesal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 14:26:09 PDT

> Our middle school has a LOT of good size pieces of leftover laminating
> plastic after the teachers have sealed their projects. Aside from using it
> protect matted art, does anyone have any ideas for using the plastic in
> projects? I hate to see it thrown away. Thanks- deb in PA

I haven't done this as a class project (yet) but I've tried it myself. I've
made a tissue paper and gloss polymer collage on the plastic. Next, I made
a black construction paper frame (attached with more polymer on top and
underneath the paper). After it dried, I peeled it off and trimmed it. It
made a nice stained glass effect sun catcher. Also, you can tape a piece of
the lamenating plastic to the bottom of a pop (soda) cardboard flat box, and
use it to roll the ink out for printmaking.

Leah