RE: Hi, I'm a first year teacher at a small middle school. I ha

---------

From: Peg Blechman (blechman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 14:37:51 PDT

Lisa,

I'd recommend the activities in Betty Edward's book, Drawing on the Right
Side of the Brain. I'd also recommend extensive journaling and sketch book
assignments for homework.

My first year teaching art I also taught eighth graders - it's a difficult
age group. I had students (one male, one female) start crying before doing
drawing activities. I'd take them out into the hall to reassure them.
Then, they'd do these wonderful drawings!

-Peg