Hi, I'm a first year teacher at a small middle school. I

---------

From: Davis, Lisa (davisli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 14:08:20 PDT

Hi, I'm a first year teacher at a small middle school. I have a group of 8th graders who are having considerable difficulty with managing materials and behavior. So far, I've found it most effective to keep them in their seats, working on projects that require only pencil (preferably their own) or colored pencil. While this reduces movement and opportunity for trouble, I'm running out of ideas for projects that use only pencil and colored pencil. Does anyone have any suggestions for projects that require limited supplies and have considerable built-in structure? I'd appreciate any advice.